Monday 17 November 2014

5 minutes of quiet time

Sometimes it is needed to sit quietly with a cup of tea and some reading material, just for a little while, so that I can stop my mind racing about all the things I have going on. Now, I do love to read books but just don't have the time to really get in to one at the moment, so magazines do the trick.
I don't buy many (I would if funds let me) so the ones I do buy are a treat, one being lifestyle magazine Oh Comely.


This month they are running their Perfect Strangers scheme, a pen-pal like project that gets people to reach out, to be creative and send a parcel of happiness to a stranger. I decided to sign up as it sounded fun and last week I was given my swap partner, Kerri in Anchorage, Alaska.
They give a small list of things to include in the parcel which I'm currently collating and will post about once it has been sent and received.

What to include...

  1. A modern day message in a bottle - a USB in a jar with a playlist/photo's/fave film etc...
  2. What's in my bag - empty the contents of your bag on a photocopier and annotate the image, or send a fresh sample of something you're never without.
  3. A wintery treat - something that makes you feel cosy on a winters day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...