Tuesday 7 May 2013

Explore52 19/13

Hi friends, sorry I am a day out with my first post of the week but yesterday was a non computer day for me. I spent a wonderful day celebrating the May Day Bank Holiday at a traditional village fete in Newton St Loe which is just on the edge of Bath and 10 mins from where I live. The sun shone, the beer, tea and cake were plentiful and there were Morris dancers and a folk band to entertain everyone, plus clay pigeon shooting, a coconut shy, a dog show and market stalls lining the streets (of which I was one). A totally British day steeped in pagan tradition of celebrating love and fertility and the bringing of summer. Here are a few instasnaps that are my #explore52 for the week.









4 comments:

  1. It was a lovely day in a beautiful village! I am glad I went even though I almost didn't make it. We took the bus till the Globe Inn and then had to walk up to the village. Since I am still recovering from the flu, I barely made it all the way up! It was worth it though. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you made it and had a nice day, it is a lovely spot. Hope you feel better soon :)

      Delete
  2. Ah I remember visiting Bath! It was one of my favorite spots. You live only 10 minutes away?? Can't wait to go back there one day! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am very lucky to be a Bath girl, I take it for granted how beautiful it is sometimes. You must visit us again someday! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...