Monday 9 April 2012

Literally A Great Gift!

Wow, what a non-stop week it has been, craft fairs, promoting my jewellery, fulfilling orders, easter egg hunts and more. There has been so much going on that I completely missed a couple of friends birthdays, and that is very naughty of me. However, if you know me well you will know that this is something I am terrible at remembering at the best of times. This is why I have found that it is good for me to have gifts and cards on stand by at all times, I thought that I would share with you a gift idea that I love to give. Books. These are generally a great idea as there is always a book to suit everyone.

For my lovely friend Jai last year I put together a Jane Austen package as I know she is a bit of a romantic. There is a running joke between Jai and myself that we are always dropping everything for tea, so what better gift than tea for two at the Jane Austen in Bath. I also picked up a regency teacup & saucer from an antique centre and a beautiful copy of Pride & Prejudice.












Another literary pressie I put together was for my mum, she loves reading anything with a mystery. What better than a bit of Poirot then, there was recently a production of Death on the Nile at the theatre so some tickets slipped into a copy of the novel was a perfect treat.
Kids also do well from my book scouting, I always think these are great gifts for little ones as they are educational and fun and also space saving for their mums!
A story book is great given with a soft toy that matches a character in the book so that they can play whilst reading. Ruby rabbit is a soft toy I make and she goes down well with little people matched up with a tale about a bunny.



So, next time you are at a loss have a look in your local book store and see what you can come up with. There is bound to be a treat in there for the lovely that you want to treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...